Cadence and I spend a lot of time together. A lot. Sometimes, I think she gets tired of me. I try to keep life interesting, here are some of the games/activities that she has enjoyed and kept me in the 'fun mommy' category over the past few months.
2. Mommy bangs head against wall and makes pained noises. This never fails to elicit a giggle.
3. Percy is the ultimate toy. She still won't say Mama, but she has a nickname for that darn dog. He is lavished with pets, kisses, hugs, and she has a special loving tone of voice she reserves just for him. Putting Percy in the playpen transforms it from prison to a magical place where the dog can't run away. Sometimes, we'll give Percy a toy and then chase him and try to knock it out of his mouth. This is her favorite game of all time.
5. When we need a little time, we put the baby in a box with a few choice toys. Her favorite is the box the shredder came in.
6. With my online store, I sometimes need to spend some time on the computer. This is workable with Cadence ever since we emptied out the top drawer of any choking or poking hazards. Cadence came built with a tiny radar. As soon as I sit down at the computer, it begins clanging and she comes running to beg to get on my lap. Once seated, she pulls open the drawer and picks up each item to give it an individual chew.
7. When I'm out of ideas, it's time to send her to play with Daddy!